Head of Drug-Discovery Technologies
About the job
Cytokinetics is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing first-in-class muscle activators and next-in-class muscle inhibitors as potential treatments for debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised and/or declining. As a leader in muscle biology and the mechanics of muscle performance, the company is developing small molecule drug candidates specifically engineered to impact muscle function and contractility.
At Cytokinetics, we are expanding our pipeline targeting muscle contractility, metabolic, mitochondrial, and other muscle dysfunction. As our Head of Drug-Discovery Technologies, you will help lead the innovative research and engineering to shape the future of Cytokinetics’ success in the discovery of effective therapeutics for cardiovascular and neuromuscular diseases. You will be surrounded and supported by skilled and collaborative drug discovery scientists from multiple disciplines working as a team toward common goals of improving patients’ lives. The Head of Drug-Discovery Technologies will report to the SVP, Research and Non-Clinical Development.
- Set the vision, strategy, planning, and execution for all engineering infrastructure, data science/informatics/IT, computational/AI, and sample management activities related to Research.
- Lead, build, and develop a high performing technology team within Research; provide leadership to define and implement flexible, scalable, cost effective, and secure business solutions.
- Develop and maintain a strategic roadmap that identifies cutting-edge opportunities in multiple tiers to accelerate Research initiatives and shape solutions that will deliver game changing impact (quantified by significant reduction in time, resource, and cost).
- Lead the execution and delivery of technology solutions by managing the technology platform (infrastructure, shared services, developers, vendors, security, etc.) and supporting the Drug Discovery functions
Our employees come from different backgrounds, and we celebrate those differences. We are looking for the best candidates for our open roles, but do not expect applicants to meet every qualification in order to be considered. If you are excited about what you could accomplish at Cytokinetics and believe you can add value to our team, we would love to hear from you.
- Requires a highly motivated individual with a PhD or MS degree in physical, computational, electrical sciences or engineering or related field plus at least 15 years of additional experience in biopharma and drug discovery.
- Hands-on technical knowledge for various technical and engineering solutions to improve efficiency, quality, and cost within pharmaceutical research and drug discovery.
- Operational expertise and a proven track record of building, developing, and influencing high performing technical teams supporting drug discovery and pharmaceutical research; willing and comfortable to roll up your sleeves to contribute directly to project completion.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication, strong interpersonal skills, and a desire to work productively in multi-disciplinary teams. Must be organized, attentive to detail, and have strong critical thinking, organizational and planning skills.
Salary pay range: $239,000 – $292,000. Actual salary at the time of hire may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s relevant qualifications, skills, and experience, as well as the service line and location where this position may be filled.
Our passion is anchored in robust scientific thinking, grounded in integrity and critical thinking. We keep the patient front and center in all we do – all actions and decisions are in service of the patient and their caregivers. We champion integrity, ethics, doing the right thing, and being our best selves.
Cytokinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer