Effective January 23, 2017:
- The Information Cytokinetics Collects
- The Way Cytokinetics Uses Information
- When Cytokinetics Discloses Information
- Your Choices
- Data Security
- Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
- International Visitors
- Contact Information
1. THE INFORMATION CYTOKINETICS COLLECTS
Information You Provide Directly: We collect information that you provide to us directly through the Cytokinetics Service, such as your name, education history, company affiliation, email address, mailing address, and telephone numbers.
2. THE WAY CYTOKINETICS USES INFORMATION
Cytokinetics uses the information that we collect to:
- Operate, maintain, analyze, enhance, and provide the Cytokinetics Service and develop new features, functionality, products, and services.
- Notify you of Cytokinetics Service updates, send privacy or security related notices, or otherwise communicate with you in compliance with law.
- Update your Cytokinetics application.
- Remember your settings and preferences and provide customized content and information.
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
3. WHEN CYTOKINETICS DISCLOSES INFORMATION
Cytokinetics does not share your name, email address, mailing address, or telephone numbers with other organizations for their own direct marketing purposes without your prior consent. If you would like to withdraw your consent, please contact us.
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Authorized vendors and service providers. We disclose information to vendors and service providers who provide web site hosting, maintenance, and security services; respond to queries; conduct data analysis and create reports; support the functionality and improve the Cytokinetics Service; and help create new services and features.
- Corporate affiliates. We may share your information with affiliated companies.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, acquisition, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of our business, our affiliates, users, or the public.
We may share de-identified data, statistics, and reports with others to assist them in analyzing the usage and demographics for content, services or other functionality on the Cytokinetics Service.
We cannot control and are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in public areas of the Cytokinetics Service. Information that you make publicly available may be collected and used by others without restriction.
4. YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose not to provide information directly to us or to not use the Cytokinetics Service.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. Because of differences in how web browsers implement this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. You may be able to refuse or disable cookies and similar technologies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, you may need to take additional steps to disable all technologies. Please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality or the Cytokinetics Services may no longer be available to you.
5. DATA SECURITY
Cytokinetics uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your information. No data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure.
6. OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
If Cytokinetics learns that personal information of children under 13 has been collected, used, or disclosed online, Cytokinetics will delete this information or otherwise comply with applicable law.
7. INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
9. CONTACT INFORMATION